Consultation to EMDR Therapists to become EMDRIA Approved Consultants in EMDR
Dr. Boulware is a EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist and
a EMDRIA Approved EMDR Consultant and can provide "Consultation-of-Consultation" hours.
CRITERIA FOR EMDRIA APPROVED CONSULTANT IN EMDR
The applicant for this designation must meet the following criteria:
- EMDRIA Approved Training: Show evidence of having completed an EMDRIA approved training program, such as completion of Part 2 from the EMDR Institute or its equivalent from other EMDRIA approved institutions, or completed a minimum of 18 didactic and 13 supervised hours in an academic institution.
- License/Certification: Show evidence of a license/certification/registration as a mental health professional. A photocopy of your license/certification/registration to practice independently is required.
- Do you have at least three years experience after completing an EMDRIA approved training program? Answer yes or no on the application form. See above (#1) for what is considered as completion of an EMDRIA approved training program. Applicants MUST have the minimum 3 years experience after completion of the Basic EMDR Training.
- Have you conducted at least 300 EMDR sessions with no less than 75 clients? Answer yes or no on the application form and then attach notarized documentation supporting this statement. You can write out the statement as it is written, "I have conducted at least 300 EMDR sessions with no less than 75 clients", or something similar and then have it notarized.
- Have you received 20 hours of consultation-of-consultation by an Approved Consultant in EMDR? Answer yes or no on the application form. Then you will need to obtain documentation from the Approved Consultant(s) you received your consultation-of-consultation from, verifying the number of hours you have received from him/her and how many of those hours were individual consultation and how many were group consultation. If you have received consultation from more than one Approved Consultant, you will need documentation from each. These "consultation-of-consultation" groups in EMDR should be no larger than 4 consultants-in-training at any one time.
- Attach letter or letter(s) of recommendation from one or more Approved Consultant(s) in EMDR, regarding the quality of your consultation in EMDR to others.
- Attach two letters of recommendation regarding your professional utilization of EMDR in practice, ethics in practice, and professional character. These can be obtained from colleagues or peers.
- Attach certificates of completion of 12 hours of EMDRIA Credits (continuing education in EMDR). The Basic EMDR Training is not awarded EMDRIA Credits - only EMDRIA Approved Credit Programs in EMDR that are completed after the basic training can receive EMDRIA Credits and be used towards this application requirement.
Dr. Boulware is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant and can offer Consultations to EMDR Therapists become Certified in EMDR.
For More Information:
CALL (310) 395-3351
Day & Evening/Weekend Appointments
Carol Boulware, MFT, Ph.D.
Licensed Marriage, Family Therapist - #MFT11632
EMDR Certified Therapist- Level II- 1994
EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress
Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
ABS Certified Sex Therapist #1466
3130 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550
Los Angeles, California 90403
Additional offices in Santa Monica & Redondo Beach
Copyright ©1998 - 2006 Carol Boulware, Ph.D.
EMDR-Therapy.com Internet Disclaimer